The Fountain City Public Cemetery was created in 1850. An addition was added in 1956.
Graves/Lots $600.00 ; registration fee $30
Cemetery Burial (Regular) $625
Cemetery Burial (Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, After 1pm) $775
Cremation Burial (Regular/Vault) $125/$150
Cremation Burial (Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, After 1pm) $200/$225
Winter Burial (Regular) $900 – $1400
Winter Burial (Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, After 1pm) $1050 – $1550
Winter Cremation Burial (Regular) $355
Winter Cremation Burial (Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, After 1pm) $445
Cemetery Vault Storage $50
Floral Trust $750 – applicable for 25 years. Floral Trust provides for floral arrangements in urn stands managed by cemetery sexton.
(1) Only one above grade monument shall be authorized for each cemetery lot in the Fountain City Public Cemetery.
(2) All other grave markers on each lot in the public cemetery shall be flush with the grade.
(3) No additional above grade monuments shall be placed on lots now having one or more existing above grade monuments.
(4) No monuments or bases of monuments or other temporary or permanent fixtures shall be placed upon the Fountain City Public Cemetery without the consent and approval of the Sexton.
(5) This section shall in no way affect headstones and grave markers already in existence and located in the Fountain City Public Cemetery.
Please help keep our cemetery looking its best by removing and disposing of spent florals and decorations frequently.
Notice: No plastic or artificial flowers are allowed unless they are placed on the headstones or in an urn. Ground flowers may be planted on grave sites; however, the City takes no responsibility for damage done to them either from vandals or from the cutting and trimming of the grass. The City is NOT responsible for private urns placed in the cemetery. This includes maintenance and watering. Please remove any arrangement as soon as possible. Any summer holiday arrangements that remain after November 1st will be removed and discarded. Any winter holiday arrangements that remain after May 1st will be removed and discarded.